The Stitchy Sticks 3-piece Set from The Gypsy Quilter® has 6 main features to aid in general sewing and quilting, hand and machine appliqué, fabric turning, English paper-piecing and vinyl crafting, stuffing and more.
1. Stiletto: Use it to guide fabric while at the sewing machine- to keep fingers a safe distance away from the sewing machine needle. Gently guide fabric through the presser foot when sewing both straight and curved seams. Keep fingers safe from the heat of a hot iron. Poke out corners of sewn fabric. Push stuffing into tiny spaces. Hold small seam allowances in place while under-stitching. Precisely place layers of fabric and line up edges.
2. Blunted Ball Tip: Use to position template pieces or small pieces of fabric at the iron, rather than using your finger. Use in combination with the turning tube to turn fabric. Use to turn straight sides of appliques.
3. Tapered Finger: Use to assist in opening seams. Use to finger press seams. Use to wrap fabric around templates. Assists in specific placement of applique. Use to hold glued pieces in place.
4. Spatula: Use to pry starched fabric or fused fabric off the pressing surface. Use to score release papers when working with Fusible interfacing and stabilizers. Use to remove English Paper- Piecing papers, foundation papers or other backing papers after stitching is complete.
5. Turning Tube- To assist in turning fabric when paired with the blunt ball tip.
6. Body of the tools- the squared handle measures 1/4 inch on each side. Use a pencil to draw a 1/4 inch seam allowance beyond the edge of the template. The flat sides stop the tools from rolling off the working surface.
These are the perfect tools to use to give your sewing and quilting projects that professional look. They are in stock now and would make a great gift! Watch a video here: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO3sQk_BAcs
Check out this pattern for six adorable stuffed ornaments by Barri Sue Gaudet of Bareroots. Each ornament when finished is 4 x 4 inches tall and wide. Use wool felts, felted wool or fabric to make these ornaments. Wool felt and floss kits are available separately to make six all six ornaments.
Here is the Companion Kit or Refill Kit for Bareroots BR233 Everything Nice Ornaments. The kit includes National Nonwovens Wool Felt and DMC Floss for 6 ornaments. These adorable ornaments are fun and easy to make and the perfect way to introduce your customers to handwork. .
The kits and pattern are sold separately so you can buy additional kits since you will definitely want to make more than one! These are due to arrive this month, so place your orders now.
These newest additions by Betty Gormick are sure to make you smile. And, talk about instant gratification – all of them can be made in an afternoon!
These three Cut Loose Press™ patterns require templates that are too big to fit on a traditional Cut Loose Press™ pattern, so we decided to try something new! The full-sized template sheets are accessed through a link included in the pattern. Since they are the right size, you can print them right onto a product like Print N Fuse (Wonder Under cut into 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheets so it can be run through a printer). No tracing is required!
These projects are great choices for classes or kits. Why not include the pattern, templates printed on Print N Fuse, and fabric in a kit. Just remember, you can only give them the templates if they purchase the pattern – talk about great customer service!
This wreath finishes to a whopping 18″ and also teaches how to make a fabric bow.
Why not add these Make It/Take Its to your class schedule today?
Sew Cherished has added more banner designs to their line. The Summer garland will be arriving early next month
Each pattern is 4-1/2″ in diameter and the pattern includes 7 different designs. The perfect choice for portable handwork!
Stitch by Stitch is perfect for a sewing room.
‘Tis The Season
Snowflake Squad. I blew this one up as far as I could so you can see the detail and personality in her patterns.
These patterns are all designed to work with the Circle Garland by Kraft Klub.
The garland include seven 5 inch round chalkboard circles and is 67 1/2″ long. Simply make quilt blocks or wool work of your choice and affix them with magnets. The circles have a chalkboard finish you can write on with chalk, too.
Where the Sun Shines is due in early next month. The rest are in stock now. What a great way to use up wool scraps! Wouldn’t they make great individual ornaments or gift tags as well?
Wanda the Witch Gnome Mug Rug Kit includes all of the fabric and notions you need to make one mug rug along with a precut fused gnome cut out and ready to assemble!! All you need is thread and a small amount of time. Great to make as a gift, give the kit as a gift to someone who loves to sew, or keep for yourself!
There are a multitude of choices – all due to arrive in June!
The Gypsy Quilter Appli-fuse Pressing Mat is the perfect choice to aid in placement! Place it over the pattern layout sheet and place the individual pieces right on the mat. Press them into position and lift them off as one applique unit!
This is not coming out until June, but I had to tell you about it now! Kimberbell Design’s last Halloween sampler quilt was one of her most popular patterns ever – and I’m sure this one will be just as popular!
Candy Corn Quilt Shoppe is available as a fabric kit by Maywood Studio.
And all of the fabrics are available by the bolt or in pre-cuts. Just look at this color pallette! Go to Hometown Halloween to see the entire collection. Kimberbell thought of everything – right down to the diagonal stripe for bindings!
The machine embroidery pattern will be available when the fabric is released.
It is also available in a traditional format : Item #KD727. Make sure you add this to your summer schedule so it can be done in time for the Trick or Treaters!