We have re-vamped the thread page on www.checkerdist.com so that you can easily and quickly order on-line.
There are several options here to help make your thread re-ordering easier.
Option #1 – By Vendor
1. Click on the Vendor logo you want OR the vendor name listed under the “Shop by Vendor” list. A screen will appear that lists all of the thread types made by that vendor under the heading “Shop By Brand”.
2. Click on the Brand (type) of thread from that vendor you want to order.
3. A screen listing all of the color numbers for that line will appear.
4. In order to simplify the ordering process to show just item numbers, we eliminated the thread colors from this screen. BUT, if you click on the item number, the color of that specific thread – along with all thread information will appear.
5. Click add to cart button at the bottom of the page when ready to order. This adds all the selected thread to your basket at once.
There is a help button on this page.
Option #2 – Search Threads using Description/Title search:
1. Use this to search, located on the left of the thread page, for a type of thread when you don’t know the manufacturer but know the Brand or Type of thread. For instance, I have used it to find glow, linen, invisible, metallic and fusible thread. Choose “Description/Title” from the “Within” drop down menu.
2. You can not type in a vendor name – such as YLI and get their brands. Do that from the “Shop by Vendor” list. BUT, if you are looking for King Tut -and don’t know that it is made by Superior – this will take you to the right place!
Option #3 – Search at the top of the webpage
If you would like your list to include the color swatch, you can still use search bar at the very top of the website page. (Doing an item number search here reads the item number left to right and will pull up all items that begin with that number).
1. At Top of page enter the Item Number. For instance, Mettler Silk Finish
Cotton is 105; 1,200 yard spools of Star Thread is V37; etc. Please put a hyphen after the Item Number 105- or V37-. (Please note that not all thread items numbers utilize the hypen. It may be helpful to search the thread page for the correct start of the item number.)
2. Then, choose “Item Number” from the “Within” drop down menu.
3. You can go to the “Quickview Mode” at right of page to get a vertical list of all the items on the page and to be able select multiple items on a page to add to your basket at one time.
4. A screen appears with all of the items that have that color numbers for that item number. The system also allows you to click on each thread you need on that page and add them to your shopping cart all at once. Just don’t forget to click on the “Add to Cart” button at the bottom of the page! You must do this for each page separately if your search returns multiple pages.
Using the Color Charts
1. The color charts in PDF format are listed on MOST vendor pages. (All vendors color charts will soon be up) Many of them are reduced to fit the page. There is a button on the top of the page that allows you to enlarge the size of the chart.
2. If the the brand code for Checker is different than what appears on the manufacturer’s color chart, it will be listed at the top of the page. For instance, if you go to the Star Thread color chart, it will tell you to type #V37 before the color number.
3. The color charts are for reference only and cannot be ordered from. You can save or print these color charts. You will need to click on your Brand of thread to order the thread. You will find a help button on the color charts, too.
Search by Designer
1. Click on the Threads, Etc. tab. On the right side of this page you will find a Secondary Search option of ‘Select a Designer.’ Click on the drop down menu. A list of 18 designers who are currently working with our thread vendors will appear. Select a vendor and hit ‘Search’ and all the thread items from the designer will appear in a list from which you can order.
I hope this helps. If you have any problems, contact your Sales Rep or our Customer Service department. They will be happy to help you.